Kansas City, MO, USA
Hi, this is DJ EBarr, a digital mixer and remixer currently living in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. I make mixes of underground hip-hop, electronic music, and as of late, Indian Bhangra and Panjabi.
Here's a list of stuff that I've created in the past couple years.
- Do-Re-Mix - The classic song from "Sound of Music" (Broadway cast with Mary Martin) put to an electronic background ("Polaris" by Bostich)
- Compton Flea - Eazy-E and Ice Cube from "Compton's N the House" sampled over the Mexican classic, "Spanish Flea"
- Super Mario Bros. Remix - The classic "Super Mario" theme with a little bit of a beat added to it.
- Project A - My first CD created with a mixer. I still didn't have 2 CD players, so I used my DVD player on one side.
- Project B - Much better than Project A, this is an 80's mix that mixes vinyl and CD, and incorporates lots of sampling and long song overlaps.
- Ladies - A mix of electronic music with female vocalists. This is a mix of ladies, for ladies.
- Gentlemen - The companion and afterthought to Ladies ended up turning out even better. Turntablists and some underground hip-hop and downtempo electronic. It won an award from BPM magazine (see below).
- Alt/Indie/Retro Rock - Inspired by my favorite San Francisco dance club, Popscene, at 330 Ritch.
- Electrodance - Dance tracks by "popular" electronic artists, like Fatboy Slim and Lords of Acid. More stuff you might hear at Popscene.
- Naan-stop India - The latest is a mix of hip-hop and dance style music from India, much of it brought back from my recent trip there.
See what BPM, The Electronic Lifestyle Magazine, had to say about DJ E. Barr's Gentlemen mix:
click for full page from BPM magazine
Please email me at mister DOT eb AT gmail DOT com if you have questions, or for booking. Or call 816-916-6599.